Hi Everyone!!
We finally made it to our base camp. So much to tell you and so little time for me to write today. The first plane ride was brutal-for everyone that does not know i dont fly well. I took to much gravel which actually did the opposite its supposed to and i threw up for 6 hours straight, the terbalience did not help either. Im so thankful i had a 8 hr lay over in London to re-hydrate/sleep it off. The Flight into Entebbe went awesome. I watched three movies- the Princess and the frog, The lovely Bones and the other i cant remember how what its called haha. It took us two hours to drive into Jinja and we stayed over night at the orphanage the other team will be working with. It took 5 hours to drive from Jinja to Soroti. We cramed into a small 13 person bus(there is 15 of us haha). No cars have Air conditioning so you drive at 110 with the windows down. Just so everyone knows i feel great. The food we get to eat is all prepared so that we don't get ill and our water is treated. We are staying at the Ywam Base and they have so many neat things for us to do over the next 3 weeks. We get to help paint a new school that was just built, work night shift at the hospital, help fill in pot holes on the main road leading into our community etc. I have lot of stories to tell you but we only came into town to get some clothes-you have to wear skirts if you are a girl and i only packed on dress and then to tell everyone at home I'm safe. There is a 9 hour difference in time so most of my message will be posted in the evening for you guys and early day here. Its 1:25pm here. Love you all!!! Thank you for your comments. Its so amazing here. I CANT WAIT TO POST PICTURES!!!
Love,
Chantal
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Sweetie,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear from you and that you are doing great!!! Sounds like your having a good time so far. I can't wait for the pictures !!
Talk soon!
Love Mom & Dad